Sunday 18 December 2011

Boobs Cake

How to make Boobs Cakes
This week I made two of these. 

Just to give you a quick idea on what I did.
For the Pan I used just a bowl.  Most people are so compelled in buying the right pan for the right cake that they end up with so many of these special novelty cake pans in their home and don't know what to do with it once the cake is done.
As a cake decorator most often I would end up doing a cake more than once. However, I still prefer not to buy these special pans.
First, it requires the exact quanity of recipe,  so if a customer wants 24 servings and the pan is meant for 38 – Oops….
Second, though i would make the same cake again I want to make it different than the first not the exact same. 
My last boob cake was make as a joke by a goup of 50 year old ladies for a girl friend and so I was told to make it old and retired... (you know what i mean?) Definitely baked it in this but had to carve off a lot.
For this cake I used these simple home bowls (oven safe) and then just shaped them to the desired shape. Once you choose a bowl like this, it’s pretty much done in terms of shaping.  Just the flat dome on top required to be rounded off.

When using glass baking pans its best to reduce the oven temperature – I usually bake my cakes at 170C but glass I bake at 160C and I always use a baking strip for glass. 
I cut a piece of foil and place a wet paper hand towel init. They just close the foil around the bowl and tie it with a clean kitchen twine. (the one you use to tie your turkey legs - works well)

For the fondant
Flesh color - I used wilton Ivory gel color for one and for the second I added a dash of peach (less than a drop) gel to color the fondant.  For the nipples I added a bit pink to the flesh color fondant.
Next, I Rolled a large sheet of the flesh color and draped both cakes all at once.
For the Bright Pink - I rolled a strip of the bright pink, textured it, and placed it on the cake. For the top you do not need to cut, the fondant will fall in the curves of the cake and take shape, then just cut off the extra from around.  Then just finished the rest of the design.

For the white – I cut a strip, placed it on the cake, marked the triangle I needed to cut. Took it off the cake, cut the excess and placed it back on. Sounds complicated but it’s easier than you think. Then I used some lace cutter to cut the lace and finished the design.

Feel free to ask any questions or comment. 
Until next time. Have fun cake decorating.
Veena


If you like this posts - please subscribe - Blog - http://veenaartofcakes.blogspot.com/
For cake decorating videos tutorials - available to members only - Membership is Free
Please visit
Regards
Veena Azmanov
Visit this blog - http://veenaartofcakes.blogspot.com/
For more cake decorating tutorials Please visit my
Website - http://www.veenaartofcakes.com/
Find us on Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veenas-Art-of-Cakes/151626264936231

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cakes... I do like the idea of using some bowls we already own to produce different types of cakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nioe cakes as I saw https://in.pinterest.com/BoobsCake/

    Awesome designs!

    ReplyDelete