Sunday 18 December 2011

Open Book Cake - Video tutorial on you tube



How to Decorate an Open Book Cake –

Whenever you say open book cake, the first response you get is, 
Do you have a book pan? Where did you get your pan from?
I recently made this open book cake. If you’ve been reading my blog so far, you probably know that I did not use any book pan.
For a book cake all you need is two rectangular cake pans. Here is one cake that you get better results when you use a baking foil. The baking foil gives you a dome that works great towards your book design with minimum carving required.
This cake was done for my son’s s kinder garden class library opening, and the teacher wanted to get the kids excited about reading, so I offered to make a cake.  The class is now being introduced to alphabets hence the Hebrew alphabets scattered all over the cake.  That's my son sitting proud in class with his book cake - the teacher thought it was cute so she clicked his picture.

I took a few pictures and a video in the making of this cake, so you can see how easy it is  to carve and decorated it.  As mentioned on the video, you can change the colors and adapt the cake to suit your occasion such as christening or communion or perhaps even a graduation cake.
For this cake
I used a 9” two layer chocolate cake recipe, but baked it in two rectangular foil pans of size  6”x 9”
You can change the size to make it large or smaller as well. For example
Use an 8” two layer cake recipe and bake it in a 4”x7” rectangular foils
Use a 10” two layer cake recipe and bake it in a 9”x11” rectangular foil.
The rest is in the video I hope you like it. Let me know if you have any comments.
Until next time, Happy cake decorating.
Veena




If you like this post please subscribe
Regards
Veena Azmanov
Visit this blog - http://veenaartofcakes.blogspot.com/
For more cake decorating tutorials Please visit my
Website - http://www.veenaartofcakes.com/
Find us on Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Veenas-Art-of-Cakes/151626264936231

No comments:

Post a Comment